The beauty of teeth has a great impact on the beauty of the face and increase self-confidence. If the caries reaches the roots of the teeth, it is necessary to use dentures to protect the teeth. There are different types of dentures, which can be used according to the type of caries and the number of damaged teeth. For this reason, in the following, we want to fully acquaint you with the types of dental prostheses.
Familiarity with different types of dentures
There are different types of dentures, which are most suitable for dentists depending on the severity of the caries, its type and the number of damaged teeth. In general, dental prostheses are divided into two types, fixed and removable, each of which includes different types.
- Fixed prosthesis
- single dental crown : Single dental crown veneers are usually used when the tooth structure is weakened And needs coating. For example, when a tooth is denervated, single-veneers are used to protect the restored tooth and prevent tooth fillings from falling out.
- Dental bridges : Bridges or dental bridges are also common as fixed prostheses. These prostheses are usually used when a number of teeth have decayed and disappeared. But some of their front or back teeth remain intact. In general, this prosthesis, like a bridge between two healthy teeth, fills the gaps in the teeth and, in addition to being beautiful, also helps to chew better.
- Removable prosthesis
In some cases, it may not be possible to use fixed prostheses. For example, a large number of teeth are damaged and lost. There is severe infection and inflammation of the gums, etc. In this case, dentists recommend the use of removable dentures. These prostheses can be easily removed from the mouth and re-inserted into the mouth. The types of which are:
- partial prostheses or partial prosthesis : teeth Pieces are the same as partial dentures that have different types. These prostheses are commonly used to replace end teeth and some of them are also used as temporary treatment. Usually, those who do not want to use fixed prostheses to fill their back teeth for any reason, use this prosthesis.
- complete denture or denture : hand tooth Complete dentures or complete dentures are usually used by people who have completely lost their teeth. The use of this prosthesis is more common among the elderly. However, due to the advantages and features of implants, the use of complete prostheses has decreased and young people prefer to use implants. On the other hand, using these prostheses is the least expensive treatment method to fill the gaps of missing teeth. These prostheses are classified into two types of soft and normal gums according to the condition of the patient’s gums.
- Overdenture or over denture : These prostheses They are also like complete prostheses that are placed on two or more implant bases. This prosthesis is easier to use than a complete tooth and is easier to insert into the mouth than fixed prostheses.
Advantages of using a denture
Dental prostheses, also called dentures or dentures, are attached to the base teeth. One of the most important advantages of these veneers is to improve the design of the smile and eliminate the defects of the teeth. Due to the very high variety of types of dentures, they can be used to treat many dental diseases. In general, the most important advantages of dental veneers are the following:
- Prevent gingival and jaw bone loss
- Protecting materials used to repair denervated teeth
- Help the patient to chew better
- Maintaining the beauty of the smile and increasing the patient’s confidence
- Appearance that fits natural teeth
- Prevent broken and residual damage to healthy tissue of restored teeth