In the past, when children’s teeth ached, the child’s painful teeth were pulled out. But today, most specialist dentists do not recommend pediatric surgery. Because according to studies on the structure of children’s teeth, they have found that tooth extraction can cause the main teeth to erupt. On the other hand, this can make it difficult for the baby to chew. Therefore, it is better to repair the damaged tooth. For this reason, we want to fully acquaint you with the main causes of toothache in children.
The most common causes of toothache in children
Toothache in children can have many causes. For these reasons, you can use the best method to relieve toothache. The most important causes of toothache in children are the following:
- Teething : One of the most common causes of toothache in children is teething. It is new. There is no need to take serious action to treat it. Because immediately after the tooth grows, the pain stops. Of course, if your child is in severe pain, you can use home remedies to improve it.
- Tooth decay: One of the most common causes of toothache in children Is. If not treated in time, it may lead to root rot and dental abscess. But according to medical treatments, there is no need to worry and you can easily repair these caries with the help of a pediatric dentist. Tooth decay usually leads to cavities on the crown of the tooth, leading to yellowing or browning of the teeth.
- Fractures of teeth : Loosening and fractures of teeth are other causes of toothache Is. This problem usually causes severe toothache, so it should be treated as soon as possible.
- Toothache : Cracked teeth are another cause of toothache . If the enamel is pale, the child will have severe toothache by chewing hard foods such as apples, bread, etc. These cracks may not be clearly visible. For this reason, it is better to see a dentist for a more accurate diagnosis.
- Stuck food between teeth : Stuck food between teeth too One of the most common causes of toothache is pediatric pain. These edible pieces can put pressure on the teeth and eventually cause toothache and gum pain. With the help of a toothbrush and floss, you can stop this pain quickly.
Gum disease : Gum disease can also lead to toothache. Be in children. Inflammation and gum disease usually occur in children due to poor oral hygiene. The most important symptoms of gingivitis are redness, swelling and bleeding gums. This problem will usually go away in children with regular flossing and brushing.
Dental abscesses can also cause severe toothache. Have. In this case, usually with the slightest blow to the tooth, the child notices severe pain. If left untreated, the jawbone can become deformed. Therefore, after this problem occurs, root canal treatment should be done immediately.
The best ways to treat toothache in children
Pediatric toothaches usually have temporary causes, such as teething and food particles getting stuck between the teeth. For this reason, parents can easily treat it at home. But if the cause of children’s toothache is gingivitis, serious gum disease and tooth decay, it is better to seek help from a dentist to treat it. In general, the most important ways to treat toothache in children are the following:
- Use toothbrush and floss correctly and consistently
- Reduce the consumption of sweets and chocolate in children
- Using fluoride mouthwash for a specified period
- Dentist repairs tooth decay or denervation
- Increase dairy consumption in children
- Taking acetaminophen topically on painful teeth